Eagle Scout Activities Announcement
Troop 219 Parents of Eagles….
Scoutmaster Tomalin has lined up 11 Eagle Scouts for 2015 …. That’s right 11 !! We all need to pitch in and help these young men achieve their Fundraisers and Projects before Summer Camp. If we all do a little …. And recruit other parents and Scouts to assist … we will set a very High Standard for BSA from 219, Eleven Eagles in one year. Most all of us have helped each other collectively for the last 5 years, thank you for all you have done …. Let’s all Finish Strong in 2015 for our Eagle Scouts.
I am very proud of this group, Scoutmaster Tomalin for pushing everyone one of these boys over the finish line, and all of you as Parents for helping every week and every month.
None of this happens without a group effort.
It is a pleasure and an honor to work with Troop 219 and all of you.
Committee Chairman Troop 219
I had five Life Scouts (Danny McSorley, Jeremy Jones, Christian Jones, Kurban Ali and Reid Carlisle) lock into dates for eagle fundraisers and projects. Looks like the calendar is full well into June.
Please note that all Eagle candidates should have an Eagle Coach or Mentor. One way to approach this is to have another parent of a Life Scout mentor your boy and then that parent volunteers to mentor their boy.
For example, I’m Aaron Stypinksi’s Eagle Coach and Denny Stypinski is Kai’s Eagle Coach. This is an easy way to share the burden.
Please jump in and support one another, so we can see everyone make Eagle!
Scout Master Troop 219
St. Raphael’s Church Rummage Sale
Scouts of 219,
The St. Raphael Chapter of the Council of Catholic Women will hold its annual Rummage Sale on Saturday, January 24, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. They begin accepting donations and set up for the sale in the Parish Center from 3:30 on Friday the 23rd.
They have asked for Scouts from 219 to lend them a hand with the set up on Friday the 23rd.
- They need help unloading vehicles dropping off merchandise in the parking lot.
- They need help setting up the Parish Center.
- They need help moving donated items from the drop off spot in the parking lot into the Parish Center.
- They need vehicles (trucks) to help pick up big items from parishioner’s houses.
- They need items to be donated so if you have something that you want to get rid of at your house or at your neighbor’s house or in your Sister’s room ( not your Sister)… bring it by!
This is a big fundraiser for St. Raphael’s, our Charter Organization. If you would, please send the word of this volunteer opportunity out to your scouts. Service hours will be awarded for their time, but more importantly, they can give back to the organization that so graciously accommodates all of our groups!
I explained to the organizer, Denise DeBord, (email@example.com), that it will be difficult for us to get there much before 5:30 as parents need to get back from work. Nevertheless, they need help, so please show up as soon as you can.
Sincerely Yours in Scouting,
Brian T. O’Neill
Charter Organization Representative – Troop 219
Troop 219 Spring Schedule
Here is our most recent schedule. Please be sure to review, so you can attend the events.
- Jan. 14: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- Jan. 16-18: Brooksville Raid, Sand Hill
- Jan. 21: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting, BOR
- Jan. 24: 9 – 3 p.m. – Volunteering at Boyd Hill Aviary
- Jan. 31: Aviation Merit Badge/Reid Carlisle
- Feb. 4: 6:30 – 7 p.m.: NO MEETING
- Feb.6-7: Kai Tomalin Campout/Eagle Workday, Fort DeSoto
- Feb. 11: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- Feb. 13-14: Kai Tomalin Campout/Eagle Workday, Fort DeSoto
- Feb. 13-15: Webelo Crossover at Camp Soule
- Feb. 15: Jeremy Jones Eagle Fundraiser
- Feb. 18: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- Feb. 20-21: Kai Tomalin Campout/Eagle Workday, Fort DeSoto
- Feb. 22: Jeremy Jones Eagle Project
- Feb. 25: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting, BOR
- March 1: RECHARTER DATE
- March 4: 6:30 – 7 p.m. Patrol Leader Meeting/Art Room; 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- March 6 – 8: Lake Kissimmee State Park Campout
- March 11: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting (NO TOMALIN/SPRING BREAK)
- March 13 – 14: Order of the Arrow Spring Fellowship, Sand Hill
- March 14: Christian Jones Eagle Fundraiser
- March 15: Christian Jones Eagle Project
- March 18: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- March 25: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting (NO TOMALIN/SUWANNEE), BOR
- March 28: Walker Willis Eagle Fundraiser
- March 30-April 1: Danny McSorley Eagle Project
- April 1: 6:30 – 7 p.m. Patrol Leader Meeting/Art Room; 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- April 4: Walker Willis Eagle Work Day
- April 8: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- April 10-12: Order of the Arrow Section Conference (Camp LeNoche)
- April 11: Michael Wingate Eagle Fundraiser
- April 15: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- April 17 – 19: Campout (Little Manatee River SP or Little Manatee Canoe Outpost)
- April 22: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- April 25: Merit Badge College
- April 29: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting, BOR
- May 2-3: Michael Wingate Workdays, Boyd Hill Nature Park
- May 6: 6:30 – 7 p.m. Patrol Leader Meeting/Art Room; 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting
- May 9: Jack O’Neill Eagle Fundraiser
- May 10: Kurban Ali Eagle Fundraiser
- May 13: No Meeting at Church/Cookout Fort DeSoto (NEED HELP)
- May 16-17: Jack O’Neill Eagle Work Days
- May 20: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Regular Meeting, Troop Elections, BOR (NO TOMALIN/USF)
- May 23: Kurban Ali Eagle Project
- May 24: Reid Carlisle Eagle Fundraiser
- May 27: 7 – 8:30 p.m., Final Regular Meeting, COH
- May 30: Reid Carlisle Eagle Project
- June 7-13: Camp LeNoche Week I
- June 14-20: Camp LeNoche Week II
Yours in Scouting,
– Troop 219