Troop 219 February Update
Dear Troop 219 Families,
Here is the Troop and Scout Update for this month:
Scout Update: Feb. 2, 2015
- Feb 4: There will be no meeting Feb. 4th – the Parrish Hall is occupied. But please note that Kai Tomalin is hosting an Eagle Project Campout at Fort DeSoto on Friday, Feb. 6 so everybody can be on site Saturday, Feb. 7 for the first of his (3) upcoming work days. Food will be provided. This is an opportunity to earn a (1) night camping towards your camping merit badge and if needed, fulfill some of your cooking requirements. There will be no charge. Please e-mail email@example.com if you plan on coming and for additional details. Parents can pick up at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Details to follow later in the week.
- Troop Hoodies: Anybody interested in buying a hooded sweatshirt with the Troop 219 logo on the back, e-mail Mr. Tomalin by Friday, Feb. 6. Cost: $25. Please include your size.
- Feb. 11: Troop 219 will host an Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Marcus Delvecchio, Wyatt Feck and Jackson Willis. Please note, dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m. It is suggested scouts wear Class A uniforms with merit badge sashes.
- Feb. 13-14: Kai Tomalin will host his second Eagle Project Campout-Work Day at Fort DeSoto. A contingent of Troop 219 scouts are also headed to the Webelo Crossover at Camp Soule (see website for details). Any scouts interested in meeting Scoutmaster Tomalin on Sunday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. to greet some new scouts crossing over from St. Paul’s Catholic School, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Jeremy Jones will also be doing an Eagle fundraiser on Feb. 15. Stay tuned for details.
The Rest of This Month:
- Feb. 18: A St. Petersburg Police Department officer will come to that night’s meeting to talk about “Rules of the Road,” and bicycle safety as part of the Cycling Merit Badge
- Feb. 20-21: Kai Tomalin Eagle Project Campout-Work Day at Fort DeSoto
- Feb. 22: Jeremy Jones workday
- Feb. 25: Astronomy Merit Badge/Michael Wingate; Board of Reviews. Parents needed
- Feb. 28: Reid Carlisle Eagle Project Fundraiser.
- March 1: Troop Fees Due – $75 per scout.
- March 4: Patrol Leaders meet 6:30 p.m. followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m.; the program this night will be more Astronomy Merit Badge.
- March 6-8: Lake Kissimmee State Park Campout/Astronomy Merit Badge. More details to follow – but please note, we will probably leave Saturday morning instead of Friday night to avoid the horrendous Tampa rush hour traffic.
- April 25: Merit Badge University: Mr. Tomalin will be teaching American Heritage (prerequisites 3C and 5) in the morning and Genealogy (prerequisites 3 and 4B) in the afternoon. Mr. O’Neill will be teaching Golf (prerequisites 8 & bring your clubs) in the morning and Chess (prerequisite 6) in the afternoon. The following Eagle required badges, including Citizenship in the Nation, Personal Fitness and Sustainability, will also be offered.
Yours in Scouting,
– Troop 219