Troop 219 August Update
Hope everybody has had a great summer. Troop 219 has been busy. In the past two months we had what could be a record number of merit badges earned at Camp LeNoChe, a strong showing at National Youth Leadership Training and a large group of Life Scouts finish up Eagle projects.
With the our first meeting of the 2015-16 Scout Year just weeks away, following are a few dates to keep in mind;
- Aug. 19, 7 p.m., Parrish Hall: Adult Leadership meeting. All assistant scoutmasters and committee members please attend.
- Aug. 26, 6:30 p.m., Art Room: Patrol leader meeting. SPL Jack O’Neill, ASP Kai Tomalin and Troop Guides Christopher Canizares and Evan Sill will meet Troop 219’s Patrol Leaders and Assistant Patrol Leaders and put together the fall schedule.
- Aug. 26, 7 p.m., Parrish Hall: Parents Meeting. Charter Organization Representative (COR) Brian O’Neill and Committee Chairman Marty Wingate will go over Troop 219’s needs and expectations for the 2015-16 Scout Year.
- Sept. 2, 7 p.m.: Parrish Hall. First Scout meeting of the year.
- Sept: 11-12: Order of the Arrow Fall Conclave, Sand Hill Scout Reservation.
- Sept. 18-20: AquaAcademy, Camp Soule.
- Sept. 18-20: Wood Badge, Camp Flaming Arrow, Lake Wales.
- Oct. 16-18: Skyway District Fall Camporee, location TBA.
- Oct. 23-24: Troop 219 Campout, Hillsborough River State Park.
Details to follow at parents meeting regarding the hiking and backpacking merit badges, 2016 summer camp and more…See you all on Aug. 26.
Virtūs et Honos,
Scoutmaster BSA Troop 219