- Christmas Tree Lot: Thanks to everyone who has helped thus far with our fund raiser tree lot. Trees have been selling quickly and it appears we have less than 20 trees left. Great job everyone!
- Board of Review: Please note that there is no Board of Review (BOR) in this week’s Wednesday meeting. December’s BOR will occur on Wednesday, December 17th, our last Wednesday Troop meeting of the year.
- Court of Honor: December’s COH has been moved to Wednesday, January, 21st.
- Partnership Agreements: Starting in January we are going to distribute “partnership agreements” for all 219 families. Parents will be required to agree to do at least 8 hours of service to the troop each semester. We are sorry it has come to this, but 10 percent of our parents do 90 percent of the work. That’s just not fair.
- PIC: This acronym stands for “Parent in Charge” and refers to the person who takes care of those pesky details, i.e., firewood, food and water at each campout. The PIC works with the camping coordinator and scoutmaster to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Thank you Dr. Brit Cobb who stepped up to lead us at the Dec. 13-14 Dead River campout.
- Merit Badges: Paper work for the Family Life, Athletics and Pioneering blue cards must be turned in at the Dec. 3 meeting.
- More Merit Badges: Looking ahead to 2015, the troop will be working on the following merit badges: Cycling (Evan and Roger Sill; Astronomy (Connor and Curtis Cruise); Sports (Kai and Terry Tomalin). If you have a merit badge that you would like to lead, please contact email@example.com.
- Order of the Arrow: We need everybody to show up for this week’s Order of the Arrow elections. Those boys who are chosen by their peers to represent Troop 219 in the “Honor Society of Scouting” will go to the Winter Conclave at Camp Soule on Jan. 9-11.
- SPL Meeting: Our new Senior Patrol Leader (SPL), Adrian Peterson, and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader (ASPL), Reid Carlisle, will hold their first meeting for patrol leaders on Dec. 3 at 6:30 p.m.
- Christmas Campfire: We are holding our Dec. 10 meeting at the group campground at Fort DeSoto Park. Thank you to the adults who have volunteered to lead this activity. Any Scouts who want to get some campfire experience can meet Mr. Tomalin at 5 p.m. at the group campground.
- “Leave No Trace” Presentation: A big thank you to First Class Scout Lliam Cobb who has volunteered to lead a Dec. 3 program on how to have zero impact when camping. This should be a great night – don’t miss it!
- The Trail to Eagle: We have two scouts – Aaron Stypinski and Kai Tomalin who will be holding fund raisers and work days for their Eagle Projects in January and February. Kai’s next fundraiser is a carwash on Dec. 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. His work days are Feb. 7, 14 and 21. The troop should be hearing from Aaron soon. (Hint, hint.)
- Looking ahead:
– No meetings on Dec. 24 and Jan. 31.
– Camping: Jan. 16-18 (Brooksville Raid – Sand Hill)
– Feb. 20-22 (Crossover – Camp Soule)
– March 6-8 (Lake Kissimmee State Park (Astronomy Merit Badge.) Look for details from Troop 219’s Camping Coordinator Curtis Cruise in coming weeks.
- Nuts & Bolts: Make sure your health forms are up-to-date. We will re-charter our troop March 1 so get those dues in before then.